The GREENWICH 2014 WINE+FOOD FESTIVAL presented by Serendipity, a three-day event that benefits The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp, has announced the local chefs that will be honored at the fourth annual event, taking place September 25-27 at the Roger Sherman Baldwin Park in Greenwich.
The twelve chefs, two pastry chefs and chef restaurateur Jean-Georges Vongerichten will be honored at the event’s Most Innovative Chefs Gala on Friday evening, as they create and serve up dishes of their ingenious foods. In addition, chef restaurateur, author and television personality Geoffrey Zakarian (“Chopped,” “The Kitchen”) will be honored at the event.
This year’s list includes:
- Devin Bozkaya, The Bedford Post Inn, Bedford, New York
- Gustave Christman, Harvest Wine Bar and Restaurant, Greenwich
- Samantha Eichenberg, The Dessertist, Westchester, New York
- Blake Farrar, The Inn at Pound Ridge by Jean-Georges, Pound Ridge, New York
- Giorgio Giacinto, Da Giorgio, New Rochelle, New York
- Anthony Goncalves, 42, White Plains, New York
- Nicholas Martschenko, South End, New Canaan
- Chaz Mazas, Mama’s Boy Southern Table and Refuge, South Norwalk
- Forrest Pasternack, Bailey’s Backyard, Ridgefield
- Reuben Palma, Gabriele’s Italian Steakhouse, Greenwich
- Christian Petroni, Fortina, Armonk, New York
- Nancy Roper, TRUCK restaurant, Bedford, New York
- David Synder, Char, Greenwich
- Adam Truelove, Napa & Co., Stamford
“Our Friday night celebration honors the truly innovative chefs from both Fairfield and Westchester Counties,” said Suni Unger, Founder & CEO of Unger Publishing, the publisher of Serendipity magazine in a release. “These 14 local talents have created a buzz in our community by offering something unique that stands out from terrific talent in our area. We couldn’t be more excited to also honor Geoffrey and Jean-Georges this year, as both of these culinary successes embody the meaning of innovative cuisine and presentation.”
The evening will be capped off by a performance by Southern/Country rock group The Marshall Tucker Band.
Tickets are now on sale for events throughout the entire weekend, including the Kick-Off Oysters & Wine tasting, the Most Innovative Chefs Gala and the Saturday Festival including the Culinary Village and the Taste of the South. They are available through the Wine+Food Festival website or by calling 203.588.1363. The event’s Facebook page, will be announcing restaurant participants, as they become available.
Visit www.greenwichwineandfood.com for more information and updates about the event schedule, participating celebrity and local chefs, musical talent and more.
The GREENWICH 2014 WINE+FOOD FESTIVAL is a three-day event that benefits The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp, founded in 1988 by Paul Newman, Camp is a community dedicated to providing “a different kind of healing” to children and their families coping with cancer, sickle cell anemia and other serious illnesses. The festival is hosted by Serendipity magazine in conjunction with other event sponsors.